Sunday, January 23, 2011

My New Bedroom!

I can't believe all the Christmas and Hanukkah decorations are officially put away. The house is so bare now. Everything has a home in the closet now. It's kinda depressing, just like the rest of these winter months!

The plus of winter, though, is snow days! We had THREE in the past two weeks. To say the least, I tackled a large project that has been on my list for a very long time. So long in fact, it's been on my list since Anna Lee visited here for the first time, almost two years ago. I remodeled my bedroom.

Since I've moved into a smaller (though private) room, it's been hard to do anything with it. Though this is temporary (Alyosha's grandfather is working on a new space for me to call my bedroom currently) I thought I would warm up my room and make it more lively and livable.


(The headwall in my room. These are only a few of my Broadway posters. I'm still trying to figure out what to do with the others. The things on my dresser are all from my travels. Can you recognize anything? I switch a few things in and out periodically, as there isn't much space.)

(This is a total view of my room. I'm not happy with the back wall, but I don't know what to do with it right now. This picture really shows you how cramped my room is right now though.)

(I'm doing what I can with this space. My clothes and costumes are all under my bed. It fits nicely.)

(All of my stuffies have homes now!)

(And I adore my headboard wall. All the pictures are from my trips over the summer!)

(A final view of my room...)
I'm very excited for my room though. It will be almost twice to size of my currently cramped space. I'll even be able to have friends over for sleep overs and even for extended stays! I'm very excited, and I'll keep you updated on that. In the meanwhile, and ideas for motifs or colors?

Peace and Love,
Hodel Enye Yanovic

1 comment:

  1. Hodel, I love your room...even if it is smaller than the one you have coming. I love the way you have your name lettered on the wall above your table - are those stickers? It looks so neat. I recognize some stuff from your trip here! :-) Maybe you could get a little shelf to hang on your empty wall and put books on it?

    ReplyDelete